Want to sell your home? Get a FREE home value report
Want to buy a home? Search all homes for sale
Today I'll be explaining five crucial things that you must have when you buy a home in Northeast Georgia and Western North Carolina. I thought this topic would be useful to you because now is an excellent time to purchase a home.
1. Purchase Title Insurance: Title Insurance is cheap and real estate is not. Invest in a good lawyer to do some research on your property to ensure that you are buying it from the rightful owner. You're better off safe than sorry.
2. Get Termite Inspections: I have only had a handful of homes that have actually had termites, but an inspection is only about $75 and it is well worth it.
3. Hire a Professional Home Inspector: A good inspector will cost you about $400, but this is an invaluable service. I recently had a potential buyer uncover $15,000 worth of settlement issues while using an inspector, so I think this service is well worth it.
4. Get a Survey: If you have an old survey, please go out and get a new one performed on your property. Make sure you're getting what you were promised, and not a smaller lot than you had imagined.
5. Hire a Realtor: It is well worth it to hire a professional when you go to buy or sell a home. It will save you time, money, and a lot of stress. You really do need a professional to negotiate in your best interests and to navigate the field of real estate for you.
Hopefully, you have found this advice useful, and if you plan on buying a home and need any assistance this year, please reach out to me. I guarantee you won't regret it.